Dr. Bo Macdonald and Dr. Keunchan Lee use CAD/CAM technology in Los Angeles, California, to create high-quality dental crowns and other restorations in a single visit to our practice, making your treatment much more convenient for you. We invite you to call us today at 310-954-3925 to learn more about CAD/CAM technology and schedule your appointment with our talented dentists.
CAD/CAM (Computer-Aided Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing) technology is frequently used in creating dental restorations, such as fillings, veneers, bridges, and crowns. This state-of-the-art dental device allows our dentists to produce any single tooth restoration in a matter of minutes, allowing you to receive your restoration in just one visit, rather than the two or more separate appointments that would otherwise be required to properly fit and place your restoration.
During your appointment, our dentists will:
- Examine your teeth to determine the most appropriate treatment
- Remove any decayed or weakened tooth tissue
- Take a digital picture of your mouth
- Use our CAD/CAM software to convert this digital picture into a virtual 3D model
- Use the model of your tooth to create a restoration
- Immediately mill your crown or other restoration from a block of material, usually porcelain or ceramic, that matches the color of your natural teeth.
In just a few minutes, your beautiful, durable restoration will be completed. Our dentists will then check your restoration to ensure a proper fit and bite. Your restoration will then be polished and bonded into place.
To learn more about CAD/CAM technology, and to make your appointment with our dental professionals, contact our practice today.